Make sure to click the links to check hours for each business before heading out. Also, please bear with my photo experimentation!
1. Take back the student ghetto with your own little students. Devour a loaf of bread from All Good Bakers, grab a sandwich from Sunspot then a cup of coffee from Hudson River Coffee House. Remind yourself why you live in walking distance to some great places and remind the college students that kids are cute and worth being role models for.
2. Visit the Albany Art Room (encourage them to stay in Albany when they move!) and treat yourself and your kids to goodies from Scratch. If you love iced coffee there is no better one anywhere. Afterwards, go ahead back to Scratch and grab lunch and have a picnic in the park.
3. Check out the Albany Pine Bush Preserve. They have activities all week.
4. It's getting warmer out and it's vacation. Time for frozen treats! Get gelato at Crisan one day then go ahead and compare to the ice cream at Emack and Bolio's. Repeat. You might want to toss in your local Stewart's ice cream for kicks. It is vacation.
5. Take advantage of your local library programs. During vacations my family spends almost every day at the library, they always have great activities for families over breaks.
5 isn't enough? How about a Bonus: Take in a show. Check out Steamer 10's great vacation shows.
No kids? Every link above is fun for adults too. Enjoy spring and all our city has to offer!